A leak has forced Shell to shut its Trans Niger pipeline in Nigeria, a news report said.
The firm’s Nigerian business said it closed the pipeline late last week after a release in Ogoniland, Reuters reported.
The company said it was investigating the cause of the leak.
The pipeline is capable of carrying 180,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on