A leak has forced Shell to shut its Trans Niger pipeline in Nigeria, a news report said.
The firm’s Nigerian business said it closed the pipeline late last week after a release in Ogoniland, Reuters reported.
The company said it was investigating the cause of the leak.
The pipeline is capable of carrying 180,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?