London-based Aminex said today that low reservoir pressure was restriction output from its Kiliwani North-1 well in Tanzania.
Aminex said production was fluctuating below 1million standard cubic feet per day.
It said inlet pressure restrictions at a gas processing plant were also a factor.
Aminex said it was in talks with the Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation over the installation of compression facilities to boost production rates.
“Suitable compressors are currently being sourced,” an Aminex spokesman said.
The company said it did not expect the glitch to have a material impact on its finances.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on