Chevron today announced a contribution of $500,000 from the Chevron Global Community Fund to the American Red Cross in support of immediate relief efforts for the wildfires in Northern and Southern California.
“We are deeply saddened by the loss of life and the devastation caused by the wildfires in our home state,” said Mike Wirth, vice chairman of Chevron.
“Our thoughts are with all those affected by these fires and the first responders working to contain them.”
Headquartered for more than a century in California, Chevron is committed to continue working with local communities as they recover from the fires. Chevron will match any donations made to wildfire relief efforts by its employees and retirees.
Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance