Chevron (NYSE:CVX) has appointed John B. Frank to the oil major’s board of directors.
The appointment is effective November 2, 2017, and he will serve on the company’s audit committee.
Frank, 61, is vice chairman of Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., a firm he joined in 2001 as General Counsel.
Frank was Oaktree’s managing partner from 2005 until 2014.
“John Frank brings more than 30 years of legal and finance experience to the company,” said John Watson, Chevron’s chairman of the board and chief executive officer.
“His knowledge of capital markets and risk management will be valuable to the board.”
Previously, Frank was a partner with the law firm of Munger, Tolles & Olson, L.L.P. Prior to joining Munger Tolles in 1984, Frank served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frank M. Coffin of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain