Post Oak Energy Capital has closed a $600 million fund it plans to pour into North American oil producers, service companies and midstream companies, it said Monday.
The Houston private equity firm, a company with investments in more than two dozen oil companies, said its fourth fund closed last week and expects to begin pumping money into companies early next year.
Post Oak has invested in seven oil companies this year, including Houston explorers Tri-C Energy Partners and Sierra Resources, which drill in the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas.
This first appeared on the Houston Chronicle – an Energy Voice content partner. For more click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up