Post Oak Energy Capital has closed a $600 million fund it plans to pour into North American oil producers, service companies and midstream companies, it said Monday.
The Houston private equity firm, a company with investments in more than two dozen oil companies, said its fourth fund closed last week and expects to begin pumping money into companies early next year.
Post Oak has invested in seven oil companies this year, including Houston explorers Tri-C Energy Partners and Sierra Resources, which drill in the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas.
This first appeared on the Houston Chronicle – an Energy Voice content partner. For more click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms