Post Oak Energy Capital has closed a $600 million fund it plans to pour into North American oil producers, service companies and midstream companies, it said Monday.
The Houston private equity firm, a company with investments in more than two dozen oil companies, said its fourth fund closed last week and expects to begin pumping money into companies early next year.
Post Oak has invested in seven oil companies this year, including Houston explorers Tri-C Energy Partners and Sierra Resources, which drill in the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas.
This first appeared on the Houston Chronicle – an Energy Voice content partner. For more click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- How to solve Europe’s energy trilemma
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?