Post Oak Energy Capital has closed a $600 million fund it plans to pour into North American oil producers, service companies and midstream companies, it said Monday.
The Houston private equity firm, a company with investments in more than two dozen oil companies, said its fourth fund closed last week and expects to begin pumping money into companies early next year.
Post Oak has invested in seven oil companies this year, including Houston explorers Tri-C Energy Partners and Sierra Resources, which drill in the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas.
This first appeared on the Houston Chronicle – an Energy Voice content partner. For more click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain