Nostra Terra has started drilling a well in the prolific US Permian shale basin.
The drilling and logging of the Twin Well to approximately 3,200 feet is expected to take approximately 6-8 days, with completion of the well anticipated to follow shortly thereafter.
The well is planned to test both the Clearfork and San Andres formations, both of which are producing formations in the area.
The Clearfork has three different members that produce on the lease and in neighbouring leases – Upper Clearfork, Middle Clearfork, and Lower Clearfork – from approximately 2,500 feet to 3,200 feet.
If successful, the well is expected to be connected to existing infrastructure.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people