Shell has picked Sembcorp Marine to build the hull and topsides of a vessel destined for the Gulf of Mexico.
Sembcorp said a letter of intent had been signed between the two companies for the Vito floating production unit.
The Vito FPU will be located about 150 miles south of New Orleans.
Comprising a single topside module supported by a 4-column semisubmersible floating hull, the Vito FPU is designed with a throughput capacity of 100,000 barrels per day of oil and 100 MMSCFD of gas.
Final contract award will depends on Shell and its partners sanctioning the project.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain