Shell has picked Sembcorp Marine to build the hull and topsides of a vessel destined for the Gulf of Mexico.
Sembcorp said a letter of intent had been signed between the two companies for the Vito floating production unit.
The Vito FPU will be located about 150 miles south of New Orleans.
Comprising a single topside module supported by a 4-column semisubmersible floating hull, the Vito FPU is designed with a throughput capacity of 100,000 barrels per day of oil and 100 MMSCFD of gas.
Final contract award will depends on Shell and its partners sanctioning the project.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter