Italian energy company Eni has signed a pact on oil and gas exploration and production opportunities with the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC).
The two companies will also work together on LNG, trading and logistics, refining and petrochemicals projects in China and oversea.
The cooperation agreement was signed in Rome at Eni’s headquarters during a meeting between CNPC chairman Wang Yilin and Eni chief executive Claudio Descalzi.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on