Italian energy company Eni has signed a pact on oil and gas exploration and production opportunities with the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC).
The two companies will also work together on LNG, trading and logistics, refining and petrochemicals projects in China and oversea.
The cooperation agreement was signed in Rome at Eni’s headquarters during a meeting between CNPC chairman Wang Yilin and Eni chief executive Claudio Descalzi.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?