Greka Drilling was today celebrating hitting is 50th well milestone in India.
Greka is the largest independent and specialized unconventional oil & gas driller in Asia.
Its successfully completed the drilling of its 50th Coal Bed Methane (CBM) well for Essar Oil Limited in the Raniganj block, West Bengal with a total of 59,898 meters drilled.
Chief executive and chairman Randeep Grewal said: “The completion of our 50th well in India for Essar, and drilling close to 60,000 meters, is a momentous occasion for Greka Drilling which has reaffirmed its position as a market leader in Coal Bed Methane drilling. We look forward to developing CBM resources across India by offering services to the market-leading oil and gas operators in the coming months.
“Development of unconventional gas resources has become an important value proposition for operators pursuing alternatives to oil, as they strive to provide energy security to a fast developing country like India.”
Essar continues to be the largest producer of CBM in India and Greka Drilling the largest CBM driller.
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms