Woodside Energy confirmed a long-term LNG purchase and sale agreement with Pertamina.
The supply, which will be sourced from Woodside’s global portfolio, kicks-off in 2019. Woodside Singapore has committed to supply initial ramp up quantities building to approximately 0.6 million tonnes per annum from 2022 to 2034, and has the option to increase the supply to approximately 1.1 million tonnes per annum from 2024 to 2038.
Chief executive Peter Coleman said: “Our track record as a reliable supplier of LNG and the proximity of our key sources of LNG to Indonesia were key to achieving this deal. As more regional buyers enter the market, we are well placed to become the supplier of choice.”
Pertamina is an Indonesian Government-owned integrated oil and gas company. Its operations comprise upstream, midstream and downstream businesses.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector