A gas pipeline explosion has killed five and injured 89 in northeastern China.
It’s the second fatal incident this week, according to the offical Xinhua news agency.
The incident unfolded at 2.45pm yesterday in Songyuan city in the Jilin province.
Workers were carrying out repair works to a pipeline after reported leak.
Xinhua said the explosion affected staff and patients at a neaby hosiptal, but gave no futher details as to how.
It comes just days after eight people were killed after a natural gas explostion in China’s Guizhou Province on Sunday.
That pipleine was opeartored by China National Petroleum Corp.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector