Video footage has been released showing the vessel for the Ichthys LNG project setting sail from South Korea.
The FPSO left the yard in Okpo earlier this week and is en route to Australia.
Ichthys, about 220 kilometres offshore Western Australia, is the largest discovery of hydrocarbon liquids in Australia in 40 years.
Operated by Inpex, it is expected to have an operational life of at least 40 years.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on