Wood Group has landed a deal with by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) in the South China Sea.
The deal includes support for CNOOC’s Lingshui 17-2 gas development in the Qiongdongnan basin of the South China Sea, including subsea and flow assurance services.
Wood Group’s offices in London and Perth, Australia will carry out the work, including an independent review for the development’s subsea production system design and a special study and design for its gas export pipeline.
Bob MacDonald, chief executive of Wood Group’s Specialist Technical Solutions business, said: “We are ideally positioned to support this significant Asia Pacific development with our global deepwater expertise and broad subsea capabilities.
“We will leverage our vast experience providing robust and innovative solutions to tackle challenges related to deepwater activity. Our commitment is to delivering high quality, safe and efficient services and we look forward to working in close collaboration with CNOOC to enhance their vision for their first deepwater project.”
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on