Norway based Island Drilling Company has been awarded a contract by Austrian firm OMV for work in Norway.
The contract is for one well at the Wisting licence (PL 537) using the rig Island Innovator.
The project is expected to start in the third quarter of this year.
Island Innovator is currently in warm lay-up at Hanoytangen, Bergen and until the project begins project activities and training of the crew will be carried out.
The Island Innovator is a fully equipped semi-submersible drilling unit with capacity for 120 personnel onboard.
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on