Norway based Island Drilling Company has been awarded a contract by Austrian firm OMV for work in Norway.
The contract is for one well at the Wisting licence (PL 537) using the rig Island Innovator.
The project is expected to start in the third quarter of this year.
Island Innovator is currently in warm lay-up at Hanoytangen, Bergen and until the project begins project activities and training of the crew will be carried out.
The Island Innovator is a fully equipped semi-submersible drilling unit with capacity for 120 personnel onboard.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?