Norway’s petroleum safety authority has ordered Eni Norge to make improvements to its procedures on the Goliat field.
An audit was carried out at the facility in May to ensure compliance with requirements related to barrier management and safety systems.
A non-conformity was found in relation to the planning of work processes.
An improvement point was also identified in relation to gas detection.
The audit was conducted in the form of meetings, presentations and interviews with project coordinators at Eni’s head office in Stavanger.
Eni has been asked to report on how the non-conformity will be addressed, and how the improvement point will be assessed by31 August this year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?