Saudi Arabia’s Navy had to stave off an attempted attack on offshore oil rigs late last week.
The Kingdom’s press agency said three boats bearing red and white flags entered Saudi waters in the Arabian Gulf on Friday night.
The Navy fired warning shots as the boast sped towards the rigs in the Marjan oil field, but the boats kept going, the agency said, citing an official source.
One of the boats was captured while the other two escaped.
The captured vessel was found to contain weapons.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people