Saudi Arabia’s Navy had to stave off an attempted attack on offshore oil rigs late last week.
The Kingdom’s press agency said three boats bearing red and white flags entered Saudi waters in the Arabian Gulf on Friday night.
The Navy fired warning shots as the boast sped towards the rigs in the Marjan oil field, but the boats kept going, the agency said, citing an official source.
One of the boats was captured while the other two escaped.
The captured vessel was found to contain weapons.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain