KBR will provide Abu Dhabi National Oil Company with engineering services for two major projects offshore UAE.
Houston-headquartered KBR said it would be working on the Dalma gas field project and the Hail and Ghasha Islands developments for an initial two years.
Jay Ibrahim, KBR president for EMEA said: “KBR is pleased with the opportunity to continue our sustained relationship with ADNOC by providing our expertise, best practices and knowledge in project management to oversee ADNOC’s field production activities in Abu Dhabi.
“This project demonstrates KBR’s ability to offer cost effective solutions to our customers in the EMEA region by combining our global expertise and local presence.”
The Hail & Ghasha Project, one of the largest sour gas fields projects that ADNOC is developing, is forecast to produce about 1 billion cubic feet of sour gas per day.
The infrastructure requirements for the Hail & Ghasha Project include a minimum of eleven offshore artificial islands to be designed and constructed.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Job worries for oil and gas technicians: is clean energy the answer?
- 2018-19 … the pivotal years for New Energy
- CCS needs to start with a bang, not a whimper, DNV GL says
- Let’s get serious about low carbon – no more tax breaks for oil
- Scot Gov return-to-work pledge ‘keeps women in sector’, Aberdeen energy lead says