Kuwait has reported another oil spill, this time in the southern marine area of Ras Al-Zour.
The country’s environmental authority is working with the Kuwait Oil Company’s maritime operators group to control the spill, state news agency Kuna reported.
No reasons for the spill were given.
Last month, a separate spill was reported off Kuwait’s coast.
At least 34,000 gallons of oil leaked out, according to an analysis of satellite imagery.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Job worries for oil and gas technicians: is clean energy the answer?
- 2018-19 … the pivotal years for New Energy
- CCS needs to start with a bang, not a whimper, DNV GL says
- Let’s get serious about low carbon – no more tax breaks for oil
- Scot Gov return-to-work pledge ‘keeps women in sector’, Aberdeen energy lead says