Kuwait has reported another oil spill, this time in the southern marine area of Ras Al-Zour.
The country’s environmental authority is working with the Kuwait Oil Company’s maritime operators group to control the spill, state news agency Kuna reported.
No reasons for the spill were given.
Last month, a separate spill was reported off Kuwait’s coast.
At least 34,000 gallons of oil leaked out, according to an analysis of satellite imagery.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on