Kuwait has reported another oil spill, this time in the southern marine area of Ras Al-Zour.
The country’s environmental authority is working with the Kuwait Oil Company’s maritime operators group to control the spill, state news agency Kuna reported.
No reasons for the spill were given.
Last month, a separate spill was reported off Kuwait’s coast.
At least 34,000 gallons of oil leaked out, according to an analysis of satellite imagery.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?