Oil service firm Mermaid Maritime and a joint venture partner have tied up contract extension worth $96million in the Middle East.
Mermaid and partner GCC will provide offshore inspection, repair and maintenance services for an unspecified oil major for an extra year.
A further 12 month option is built into the contract.
Mermaid will provide a number of diving services using their DP2 saturation dive support vessel Mermaid Asiana along with other remotely operated vehicles and devices with divers wearing specialized diving equipment.
Mermaid will lay on diving services using its DP2 saturation dive support vessel “Mermaid Asiana” along with remotely operated vehicles, specialized diving equipment and divers.
GCC will provide other offshore vessel related services and logistics.
Mermaid chief executive Chalermchai Mahagitsiri said: “For Mermaid, this contract extension represents a stream of stable revenue over the next financial year, and is a clear and positive step towards the steady growth of our company. We are very proud of all our team involved in delivering the highest quality of services to our customers.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Thinking differently about change and the value of emerging technologies
- Safeguards essential for travel to ‘most dangerous’ list
- Green campaigners should look at evidence for leaving rigs in place
- World Car Free Day is opportunity to change automotive habits
- Oil and Gas: ready for big data?