TechnipFMC is part of a group which has bagged a $4.2billion contract for expanding an oil refinery in Bahrain.
Technip, Samsung Engineering and Tecnicas Reunidas will raise the capacity of Bahrain Petroleum Company’s Sitra refinery to 360,000 barrels per day from 267,000.
Nello Uccelletti, president of TechnipFMC’s onshore offshore business, said: “We are honored to be the leader of this joint venture entrusted for the execution of this prestigious contract that represent a testimonial of the long-term partnership with Bapco and strengthen our leadership in the refining sector.
“This award is one of the strategic “early engagement” achievement, following the successful completion by TechnipFMC of the FEED contract.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people