Production at a North Sea field has dropped slightly due to a techical glitch.
According to reports, output is down about 20,000 barrels per day (bpd) as of Thursday morning at the Buzzard oilfield.
Buzzard produces about 180,000 barrels per day and is the largest contributor to the Forties crude oil stream, one of four grades of oil that underpin the dated Brent benchmark.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector