Energy Voice can today give its readers a behind the scenes look at the construction of platforms destined for the North Sea.
The three topsides for the North Sea Culzean field are being built at the Sembcorp Marine Admiralty Yard in Singapore.
The footage shows the progress made on the wellhead platform, the central processing facility, and the topside that will accommodate workers on the Maersk-Oil-operated field.
First steel was cut for the platforms in April 2016.
The video also shows footage from inside the piping room, where welders are hard at work.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain