A shark has been caught on camera near a North Sea platform during an inspection.
The 19-second-long YouTube video, posted by Craig Farquhar, shows the shark swimming towards and then past the camera.
According to the description, the shark was a Porbeagle, which are commonly found in the cold and temperate marine waters of the North Atlantic.
It also says the film was shot using a Seaeye Tiger inspection ROV at a platform 60 miles off Aberdeen.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Renewables continue to break records, but room for improvement remains
- Opinion: Renewables financiers have embraced ‘bundling’ vigorously
- Opinion: How digital can transform oil and gas supply chain and operations
- Opinion: Perception vs Reality – protection against cyber attacks
- Opinion: US shale’s the wild horse that OPEC just can’t tame