A shark has been caught on camera near a North Sea platform during an inspection.
The 19-second-long YouTube video, posted by Craig Farquhar, shows the shark swimming towards and then past the camera.
According to the description, the shark was a Porbeagle, which are commonly found in the cold and temperate marine waters of the North Atlantic.
It also says the film was shot using a Seaeye Tiger inspection ROV at a platform 60 miles off Aberdeen.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: The Total-Maersk deal – great for both sides
- Opinion: The importance of employing a talented workforce through apprenticeships
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking