IT firm Speedcast International Limited (ASX: SDA) has secured four new contracts for professional services with oil and gas operators in the North Sea and Asia-Pacific region.
Three of the four contracts awarded are for North Sea work, with unnamed operators.
The company will provide engineering and systems integration support to one, while providing network support to the other two.
Speedcast will also provide engineering resources to another large oil and gas operator to help commission the telecommunication services on a new platform in Malaysia.
Keith Johnson, executive vice president of energy at Speedcast, said: “Our ability to match the correct personnel to the job, as well as the depth of expertise and flexibility we provide our customers, is key to our professional services model.
“Embedding a Speedcast employee on-site at a customer location further strengthens our relationship and enables our clients to focus on their core business rather than their telecommunications networks.
“Professional services is an area where we are adding resources because of the increasing interest from our customers for a partner that can provide a full range of products and services, not just connectivity.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Oil price predictions following the OPEC vote
- New privacy law will help oil and gas sector to get more out of data
- Opinion: Today’s Stunted Oil Prices Could Cause Oil Price Shock In 2020
- Production cuts have worked, but we need an extension, Kemp and de Leeuw say
- Opinion: Fuelling change for energy companies of all sizes