Wellhead engineering firm Plexus Holdings PLC has received its first purchase order from Aker BP.
The company will supply surface exploration wellhead equipment for the Hyrokkin and Nordfjellet standard pressure exploration wells, offshore Norway, in a deal with £700,000.
Aker BP has drilled recent wells in record time and any subsequent wells that are to be drilled in this project will use Plexus’ POS-SPEED™ connector to add additional time savings.
Each of the wells are expected to take around 30 days to drill.
Plexus said there is the potential for the contract to be extended to include additional wells in the future.
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms