Wellhead engineering firm Plexus Holdings PLC has received its first purchase order from Aker BP.
The company will supply surface exploration wellhead equipment for the Hyrokkin and Nordfjellet standard pressure exploration wells, offshore Norway, in a deal with £700,000.
Aker BP has drilled recent wells in record time and any subsequent wells that are to be drilled in this project will use Plexus’ POS-SPEED™ connector to add additional time savings.
Each of the wells are expected to take around 30 days to drill.
Plexus said there is the potential for the contract to be extended to include additional wells in the future.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?