This footage shows how Maersk Oil plans to redevelop its Tyra project– home to Denmark’s largest gas field.
The Tyra platforms in the North Sea form the export centre for all gas produced in the Danish Underground Consortium.
The gas hub us reaching the end of its life after 30 years of production.
In the time the platforms have subsided by five metres.
Maersk Oil and its partners now want to redevelop the field in order to allow Denmark to hold onto the “critical piece of infrastructure”.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people
- Promoted: Rotech complete major cable trenching
- WATCH: Shell’s Cougar platform becomes artificial reef
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms
- Video: Scottish green gas can create renewable power