This footage shows how Maersk Oil plans to redevelop its Tyra project– home to Denmark’s largest gas field.
The Tyra platforms in the North Sea form the export centre for all gas produced in the Danish Underground Consortium.
The gas hub us reaching the end of its life after 30 years of production.
In the time the platforms have subsided by five metres.
Maersk Oil and its partners now want to redevelop the field in order to allow Denmark to hold onto the “critical piece of infrastructure”.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Watch: Statoil chief says oil prices at the ‘low end’
- WATCH: The full story behind the world’s first floating windfarm
- Watch: IEA executive director on when oil markets might rebalance
- Watch: Why renewable energy is a record breaker
- Watch: US rig fire update
- Watch: Impact on oil market as Iraqi forces advance on Kirkuk