This footage shows how Maersk Oil plans to redevelop its Tyra project– home to Denmark’s largest gas field.
The Tyra platforms in the North Sea form the export centre for all gas produced in the Danish Underground Consortium.
The gas hub us reaching the end of its life after 30 years of production.
In the time the platforms have subsided by five metres.
Maersk Oil and its partners now want to redevelop the field in order to allow Denmark to hold onto the “critical piece of infrastructure”.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain
- Video: What can be heard two miles beneath the sea floor? BP reveals
- Video: What does OPEC’s decision mean for the oil price?
- VIDEO: US oil fills OPEC supply gaps at $60
- VIDEO: 24K tonne Aasta Hansteen platform makes stunning arrival
- Watch: Jennifer Hudson, Pixie Lott star in Shell music video
- Watch: Shark spotted near oil rig