This footage shows how Maersk Oil plans to redevelop its Tyra project– home to Denmark’s largest gas field.
The Tyra platforms in the North Sea form the export centre for all gas produced in the Danish Underground Consortium.
The gas hub us reaching the end of its life after 30 years of production.
In the time the platforms have subsided by five metres.
Maersk Oil and its partners now want to redevelop the field in order to allow Denmark to hold onto the “critical piece of infrastructure”.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter