Norwegian authorities have given Statoil permission to use the Gina Krog FSO.
The FSO is a converted shuttle tanker destined for use as a storage vessel on the Gina Krog field, 250 kilometres west of Stavanger.
The field has been developed using a fixed steel platform and a storage vessel (FSO) for oil, and started production in June 2017.
Teekay owns and operates the FSO.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?