Norwegian authorities have given Statoil permission to use the Gina Krog FSO.
The FSO is a converted shuttle tanker destined for use as a storage vessel on the Gina Krog field, 250 kilometres west of Stavanger.
The field has been developed using a fixed steel platform and a storage vessel (FSO) for oil, and started production in June 2017.
Teekay owns and operates the FSO.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up