Offshore vessel contractor Awilco Drilling has clinched a deal to undertake a well campaign on a North Sea field.
Olso-listed Awilco, whose operation base is in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, said the contract would be worth at least £93million ($126million).
It will drilling 18 development wells on Alpha Petroleum’s Cheviot field, east of Shetland.
Awilco said the programme would last about 1,080 days and would kick off in the second quarter of 2018.
It will use the WilPhoenix semi-submersible rig for the job.
Surrey-based Alpha aims to sanction Cheviot during the fourth quarter of 2017 and is targeting first oil in 2019, at an expected rate of at least 30,000 barrels per day.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain