More than 50% of Energy Voice readers do not want to fly in a controversial offshore helicopter, according to a poll.
The survey was launched last week and received more than 3,100 responses.
A total of 39% of the votes said they would fly in an Airbus H225 aircraft, with 52% saying they would not.
Around 2% of the voters said they would consider it but would want more information on safety upgrades while 7% voted that they were happy with the alternative or replacement airframes.
The helicopters were recently cleared to return to service, dependent on a safety case, after a lengthy grounding that followed a fatal crash off Norway.
The boss of manufacturer Airbus has been challenged to fly in the same conditions as the workforce in the most recent development to a long standing wrangle over the aircraft reintroduction. Read more here.
Thanks to everyone who took part in the poll.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain