This video shows a German tug boat battling 20-foot waves and Beaufort 11 conditions the North Sea.
The vessel wass on the way to rescue bulk carrier Glory Amsterdam.
Emergency teams were unable to prevent 738ft bulk carrier the Glory Amsterdam drifting on to a sandbank off the North Sea island of Langeoog.
Storm Herwart, whose gusts reached 112mph, caused electricity blackouts in hundreds of thousands of homes in the Czech Republic, Austria and other countries.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Job worries for oil and gas technicians: is clean energy the answer?
- 2018-19 … the pivotal years for New Energy
- CCS needs to start with a bang, not a whimper, DNV GL says
- Let’s get serious about low carbon – no more tax breaks for oil
- Scot Gov return-to-work pledge ‘keeps women in sector’, Aberdeen energy lead says