Aberdeen-headquartered KCA Deutag (KCAD) has secured an extension to its drilling contract with Point Resources in Norway.
Subsidiary KCA Deutag Drilling Norge provides drilling and maintenance services on Point Resources’ Ringhorne platform in the Norwegian North Sea.
The contract has an initial term of four years with the option to extend by two further periods of two years each.
Rune Lorentzen, president of offshore at KCAD, said: “KCA Deutag is delighted to have been awarded this contract extension.
“We have been the drilling contractor on the Ringhorne platform since it was first commissioned back in 2002, and we are pleased that the quality of our performance has once again been recognised.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Thinking differently about change and the value of emerging technologies
- Safeguards essential for travel to ‘most dangerous’ list
- Green campaigners should look at evidence for leaving rigs in place
- World Car Free Day is opportunity to change automotive habits
- Oil and Gas: ready for big data?