Wellesley Petroleum has been given permission to drill a wildcat well in the Norwegian North Sea.
The 35/12-6 S lies around 8 miles south-west of the Gjoa field.
It will be drilled by the Transocean Artic semi-submersible in license 925.
Wellesley holds a 90 percent stake and is operator of the 925 license, with Concedo AS holding the remaining 10 percent.
925 was awarded in the beginning of March, the well is the first within the license to be drilled.