Shell has drilled a dry well near the Knarr field in the Norwegian North Sea.
The Scarabeo 8 rig drilled the wildcat well 34/5-2 S targeting the Tyttebaer prospect.
The well has been permanently plugged and abandoned.
The exploration well was the ninth to have been drilled in production licence 373S, which was awarded in 2005.
Scarabeo 8 will now be drilling wildcat well 6304/3-1 in the Norwegian Sea in production licence 832, where Shell is the operator.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter