It’s not the regular rush hour commute for workers heading out to production platforms in the North Sea.
Weather delays aside, it involves heaping on hefty survival gear and bundling into a helicopter before arriving at a destination miles from shore.
Lee Boulter, an offshore production supervisor at Neptune Energy, has produced a video of his journey to the Cygnus installation, around 95 miles off the UK coast in the North Sea.
The footage shows Lee and his colleagues putting on survival suits at a helicopter terminal near Norwich Airport before flying out to the installation.
Lee shows the views from the helicopter as it soars above supply vessels and the giant offshore wind platforms of the Southern North Sea.
He also gives a glimpse of what its like inside the aircraft and its own special safety instructions for passengers (even a few sleeping passengers might be spotted by eagle-eyed viewers).
The footage rounds off with the approach to Cygnus, the largest-producing gas field in the UK, and the wait to depart as the helicopter settles in for landing.
Cygnus contributes 6% of UK gas demand, supplying energy to the equivalent of 1.5 million UK homes. It has a field life of over 20 years.
The platform is one of the better documented installations in the North Sea, with its own digital walkthrough and even appearing on Google streetview.
Neptune is operator and 39% owner of the installation, partnered with Spirit Energy who owns the remaining 61% stake.