TransCanada Corp does not know if shippers are still behind the recently revived Keystone XL pipeline project, according to reports.
It comes after Trump signed orders earlier this week smoothing plans for Keystone’s path.
Chief executive of TransCanada Russ Girling said the company would be reaching out to them.
The move by Trump allows the firm to reapply for a permit after the previous administration vetoed the path.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on