The Norwegian offshore safety authority has identified a regulatory non-conformity at Baker Hughes.
The watchdog had carried out audits related to employee participation at Baker Hughes Norge AS, with a particular focus on the opportunities for safety representatives and working environment committees to perform their duties.
The audits were conducted through the employers and employees providing written answers to questions on the arrangements for employee participation.
Follow up interviews were then carried out on 23 and 24 May this year.
The company has been asked to report on how the non-conformity will be addressed by 30 June 2017.
Baker Hughes has been approached for comment.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: North Sea firms need to evolve to attract new talent
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be