A trust linked to Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA is taking legal action against oil traders accused of illegally buying petrol products for less than market value, a news report said.
The oil trading companies are accused of bribing PDVSA officials in a scheme costing billions of dollars, Reuters reported, citing a document filed in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance