An offshore worker has been killed and five more injured after an explosion on board an ultra deep water service vessel.
The accident happened on board the Solstad’s Normand Maximus while it was off the coast of Brazil on February 21.
The vessel provides Subsea, Umbilicals, Risers & Flowlines (SURF) support.
The Accident Investigation Board Norway said: “On the morning of 21 February 2017 local time there was an explosion on board Normand Maximus. It was reported in five seriously injured people, of which one person died.
“A third company conducted pressure testing on their gear aboard. This resulted in an explosion.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’