Former Wood Group chief executive Bob Keiller and Scottish Energy Minister Paul Wheelhouse will speak at a safety event in Aberdeen.
The North of Scotland Dinner, held by the Safety and Reliability Society (SaRS), will take place at the Marcliffe Hotel and Spa on May 3, with the theme being “The future of energy in the north of Scotland – a safety and reliability perspective.”
The format will include two presentations by Mr Keiller and Mr Wheelhouse with a Q&A, followed by a three-course dinner.
Lord Cullen, who conducted the enquiry for the Piper Alpha disaster, and SaRS chief executive Jacqueline Christodoulou MBE will also be attending the event.
This is the 18th year in a row that the event has been held.
Ian Stanley, chairman of the SaRS North of Scotland branch, said: “We’re delighted to have Bob and Paul speaking at this year’s event.
“Both speakers will bring an interesting and engaging view on this year’s theme and we’re looking forward to hearing their insightful presentations.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: US Iran Sanction – Undoing the JCPOA?
- Opinion: SMES still face energy “perfect storm”
- Opinion: EU data protection rules, the UK’s statement of intent
- Opinion: Unleashing ‘SturgeonPower’ could transform Scotland’s energy landscape
- Opinion: Iran’s a distraction. The urgent problem is Kurdish oil