The boss of an energy company taken to tribunal over health and safety concerns has admitted there were “incidents”.
Former employee Stewart Logan worked for Enermech for four years delivering the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB) programme, but quit the post last year.
He has taken the company to an employment tribunal claiming he had no choice but to walk.
Earlier in the hearing he claimed large valves had fallen down, training days were cut short and he was not given the required equipment.
And yesterday his former boss Jennifer Batchelor admitted some of his concerns were not addressed.
Solicitor Linda Beedie, representing Mr Logan, asked her about a video which was played ahead of training sessions at the time her client left. She said: “In this video the manager says ‘If you look at your safety performance over the last number of years it has been pretty poor, we have injured a number of people, we have had a number of high potential incidents.’ How does this square with your view that health and safety was good?”
Mrs Batchelor replied: “It is not my position that there were no incidents, there were.”
Ms Beedie then asked: “He asked for planned maintenance reviews in 2015 of his kit, why were these not done?”
In reply Mrs Batchelor said: “It fell of my radar.” She was also quizzed about the number of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) officers.
Ms Beedie asked how many there were. She replied: “About four or five.”
Ms Beedie then said: “And they were supervising 800 employees?”
Mrs Batchelor claimed there were only around 200 people on the site.
Ms Beedie then asked: “But it’s a 12 acre site, how could they have been visible, were there enough of them?”
Mrs Batchelor replied: “I think everything I raised with QHSE was actioned and dealt with.”
The hearing, taking place before employment judge Nick Hosie, will resume on Wednesday, September 7.