The chief executive of Lundin Petroleum has been elected as the new chairman of the Norwegian Oil Industry Association.
Kristin Faerovik previously held a number of executive positions at Marathon Petroleum and Rosenberg Worley Parsons.
She is taking over as chairman from Tor Arnesen, chief executive of Shell.
Faerovik said in a statement she was “proud” to be part of an industry which is important for jobs today “and in the future”.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on