The chief executive of Lundin Petroleum has been elected as the new chairman of the Norwegian Oil Industry Association.
Kristin Faerovik previously held a number of executive positions at Marathon Petroleum and Rosenberg Worley Parsons.
She is taking over as chairman from Tor Arnesen, chief executive of Shell.
Faerovik said in a statement she was “proud” to be part of an industry which is important for jobs today “and in the future”.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms