The chief executive of Lundin Petroleum has been elected as the new chairman of the Norwegian Oil Industry Association.
Kristin Faerovik previously held a number of executive positions at Marathon Petroleum and Rosenberg Worley Parsons.
She is taking over as chairman from Tor Arnesen, chief executive of Shell.
Faerovik said in a statement she was “proud” to be part of an industry which is important for jobs today “and in the future”.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Oil price predictions following the OPEC vote
- New privacy law will help oil and gas sector to get more out of data
- Opinion: Today’s Stunted Oil Prices Could Cause Oil Price Shock In 2020
- Production cuts have worked, but we need an extension, Kemp and de Leeuw say
- Opinion: Fuelling change for energy companies of all sizes