Bellatrix Exploration said its chief executive has taken a leave of absence to focus on a personal medical situation.
Raymond Smith will be replaced by Brent Eshleman as interim chief executive in his absence.
Eshleman joined Bellatrix as executive vice president in July 2012 and became chief operating officer of the firm in 2014.
In a statement the company described him as a “seasoned industry leader” with more than 30 years of oil and gas industry experience.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC’s plan for the future is to resurrect the past
- Opinion: Shell may hold clue to future in corner of Cobham
- Opinion: How can the government reboot the capacity market?
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level
- Opinion: It’s time to get excited about the North Sea again