Bellatrix Exploration said its chief executive has taken a leave of absence to focus on a personal medical situation.
Raymond Smith will be replaced by Brent Eshleman as interim chief executive in his absence.
Eshleman joined Bellatrix as executive vice president in July 2012 and became chief operating officer of the firm in 2014.
In a statement the company described him as a “seasoned industry leader” with more than 30 years of oil and gas industry experience.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms