Bellatrix Exploration said its chief executive has taken a leave of absence to focus on a personal medical situation.
Raymond Smith will be replaced by Brent Eshleman as interim chief executive in his absence.
Eshleman joined Bellatrix as executive vice president in July 2012 and became chief operating officer of the firm in 2014.
In a statement the company described him as a “seasoned industry leader” with more than 30 years of oil and gas industry experience.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?