A fledgling, Aberdeen-based portfolio company backed by Lonsdale Capital Partners has appointed a chief executive with 28 years of oil industry experience.
Graham Thomson, whose past employers include Ace Winches and Sparrows Offshore, has taken up the reins at Nucore Group and will spearhead efforts to international the business.
Nucore Group currently comprises fire and safety services firm Oteac and HVAC & Refrigeration Engineering (HVAC&R).
Oteac acquired HVAC&R, a supplier of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, in a £10.25million deal last year.
HVAC&R retained its trading name following the takeover.
Earlier this year, both companies moved into premises at The Core business park at Murcar.
Mr Thomson said: “The enthusiasm and commitment of the stakeholders to continual investment in their products and people was instrumental in me joining what I consider to be a first class customer-focused business.
“The businesses within the group continue to win new work despite the difficult conditions the oil and gas sector is experiencing.
“I believe there is further potential to internationalise Oteac’s presence by building on HVAC&R’s more established international footprint.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be
- Decarbonising the UK: Why are we so cool on heat?