Cluff Natural Resources (CNR) has announced the appointment of Mark Lappin as non-executive director.
Mr Lappin most recently held the role of sub-surface exploration and production director for UK and Netherlands at Centrica.
Mr Lappin’s career in oil and gas has spanned more than 30 years and includes a stint as a geophysicist at Phillips Petroleum and has since held senior technical and commercial roles with ConocoPhillips, Exxon Mobil and Dart Energy.
Algy Cluff, CNR’s chief executive and chairman, said: “We are delighted that we have been able to secure Mark’s services as a non-executive director.
“The ability to attract a director of Mark’s calibre is a direct testament to the quality of our assets and the opportunity they represent for the North Sea.
“Mark’s wealth of technical and commercial experience in the southern North Sea will greatly assist the company in the execution of its growth strategy over the coming years.”
The company’s shares rose 7.86% to 2.4p on the London Stock Exchange in early trading today.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain