Optime Subsea has named Jarle Tautra as its new chairman.
The industry veteran has previously previously held executive vice president positions at Aker Solutions and Hydro. He also served CEO for Eureka Pumps AS and was a board member for Minox Technology AS. Tautra has a masters degree in engineering from the Norwegian Technical University in Trondheim.
He said: “Optime Subsea offers an innovative technology long sought after in the subsea industry. In addition to this, they are changing the business model of how to compete in the future subsea oil and gas industry. I look forward to supporting the company in the best way I can.”
Optime Subsea AS has developed a modular subsea well access system that makes it possible to undertake subsea tree installations, subsea well interventions and subsea well plugging and abandonment operations without the use of a drilling rig. The company also delivers subsea hydraulic pumps and modular hyperbaric testing vessels and systems.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up