Industry body Subsea UK said yesterday that it had brought in a trio of new board members.
The entrants to the board room are Zander Bruce of BP, Nicky Etherson of Bibby Offshore, and Phil Simons of Subsea 7.
Mr Bruce, who is a graduate of Robert Gordon University, is subsea operations manager for BP North Sea, a company he joined in 2001.
Mr Etherson is group commercial director for Bibby. He has spent more than 20 years working in the oil and gas sector.
Mr Simons is vice president for North Sea and Canada at Subsea 7, his employer since 2004.
Subsea UK chairman Bill Edgar said: “Zander, Nicky and Phil’s input will be of huge benefit to the board as we continue to support our members as they face the considerable challenges arising from the current market conditions.
“Our main focus for 2017 is to ensure that the UK subsea sector is in a strong position to meet industry needs and deliver a valuable service to our members and the sector as a whole.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up