Drilling and engineering contractor KCA Deutag has appointed a new senior vice president for its rig design and engineering subsidiary, RDS.
Albert Allan, who will based in Aberdeen, also joins KCA Deutag’s executive management team.
Mr Allan joined KCA Deutag from The Oman Construction Company, where he held the general manager role.
He also used to work for professional services firm KBR and engineering and development consultancy Mott MacDonald.
KCA Deutag chief executive Norrie McKay said: “Albert has an exceptional track record which will be invaluable in developing RDS’s growth strategy and expanding our business not only in our core markets of Greenfield and Brownfield engineering services but in new markets where there are opportunities to grow our engineering portfolio.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms