A new maintenance facility is to be built to serve offshore wind farms, creating scores of jobs.
Dong Energy said the office and warehouse building at Seacombe on Merseyside will serve its two offshore wind farms in the area.
Up to 75 jobs will be created during the construction phase, with 45 workers permanently employed when the site is operational.
Brent Cheshire, Dong Energy’s UK chairman, said: “The site offers excellent offshore access and flexibility, which is exactly what we need to efficiently operate and maintain our wind farms.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms