The Clyde windfarm extension has been given the go-ahead to begin extending its area in South Lanarkshire.
Work began on the 172.8MW extension to take it to a total capacity of 522.4MW on its ‘Commercial Operation Date meaning it has been handed over following its successful construction’.
SSE stated that they consider it to be one of the ‘the most efficient large wind farms in Great Britain’.
Final shareholding of Clyde windfarm will be 65% after partial dilution by SSE to Greencoat UK Wind and GLIL Infrastructure LLP earlier this year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?